This is the fourth of a seven-part blog series about the Avid Customer Association (ACA), a comprehensive initiative designed to provide essential strategic leadership to the media industry, and Avid Connect, the inaugural event of the ACA.
With Avid Connect only five weeks away, we’re busy putting the final details into place for this inaugural event of the Avid Customer Association (ACA). Taking place April 4-6 (prior to NAB) at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, Avid Connect has something to offer everyone in the media industry, no matter your profession―with a packed agenda, engaging educational sessions and celebrity entertainment, you won’t want to miss this truly memorable event.
Regardless of your background, industry segment, and business model, there will be unique takeaways for all attendees.
Here’s a quick breakdown of just a few of the top reasons you’ll want to join us at Avid Connect.
First Time for Everything
You only have one chance to be part of something the very first time it happens! This year, the inaugural year for the ACA’s Avid Connect event, will be one of a kind. Industry experts and leaders from more than 40 countries are joining us in setting the stage for the ACA, focusing on industry issues, understanding where we stand as an industry, and sharing in a vision for where we can and should be in the future. Regardless of your background, industry segment and business model, there will be unique takeaways for all attendees.
Industry Insights and Best Practices
Networking, keynote speakers and Vegas-style entertainment aside, valuable learning sessions will take place throughout Avid Connect. Independent research firms will share their industry insight and teachings, technology partners will showcase their latest plug-ins, and Avid and partners will cover large scale deployment success stories. The most anticipated educational sessions we’ve announced are Video Everywhere, Audio Everywhere and Broadcast Everywhere. Here are some highlights of what you’ll learn at those sessions:
Video Everywhere: Hear how the latest technology innovations, inspired by Avid Everywhere, solve post-production workflow challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Accelerate and manage ingest: See how advances in workflow orchestration and metadata can speed up production
- Edit in the cloud: Discover more streamlined ways of working that set the benchmark for real-time remote collaboration
- Demystifying 4K: Work in high-res using your existing infrastructure and investments with the latest technology
Audio Everywhere: See how Avid Everywhere can solve your audio production workflow challenges now and in the future.
- Monetize your media: Learn what’s in store to help Pro Tools users more easily license and sell their music
- Collaborate in the cloud: Get a sneak peek at how Pro Tools users will collaborate with others in the cloud
- Mixing in the future: Find out how the latest technologies advance mixing for next-generation television and cinema formats
Broadcast Everywhere: Get an in-depth look at how Avid Everywhere solves the challenges associated with your broadcast workflow.
- Meet the platform: Receive a full technical overview of the platform on which the Avid Everywhere vision is built
- Go mobile: See how the latest solutions enable journalists to create compelling news content wherever news is breaking
- Deliver everywhere: Learn how to simplify the complexity of reaching today’s multi-screen audiences through multi-platform distribution
With a packed agenda, engaging educational sessions and celebrity entertainment, you won’t want to miss this truly memorable event.
Free ACA Membership
By attending Avid Connect, you’ll receive a free 2014 membership to the ACA, gaining access to: the future ACA portal for association-related discussion, interaction and best practices; focused Advisory Councils; continuing engagement with Avid about industry and business-specific needs; and ongoing networking and interaction with professional peers. In addition, you receive the following perks:
- Free exhibitor Pass to NAB ($150 value)
- Free exhibitor Pass to IBC ($150 value)
- Avid Webstore discount of 5%
- Access to all Avid Connect conference sessions, keynote speakers, materials and entertainment
Don’t forget that becoming a member of the ACA, you will have a direct say in the direction Avid is going and where we are going as an industry.
Shape the Future of the Industry
Avid has been busy over the last year. With the launch of Avid Everywhere in 2013, Avid Connect 2014 will give attendees inside access to the next phase of Avid Everywhere, including the long-term vision and proof points that will help make business models throughout the industry more efficient and effective. This is a critical time for our industry and Avid, along with the ACA leadership, recognizes a need to step up and help facilitate leadership to the community of media professionals.
Las Vegas is the place to be just prior to the NAB Show (Avid Connect attendees get a free pass!). Avid Connect will give you the opportunity to network with industry peers, while enjoying world class cuisine as you overlook the magnificent fountains of the Bellagio. Our Friday night Mix & Mingle soiree at HYDE at the Bellagio will give you the opportunity to catch up with fellow peers and make new acquaintances, while Saturday’s Beyond Everywhere gala will be a night to remember with celebrity entertainment sure to impress. It is a bit early to announce our award-winning entertainer for Saturday evening’s gala, but the announcement will be coming soon and will be a performance not to miss!
Join us and help make a difference in the industry as we work together to guide media professionals through today’s challenges and into the next phase of growth.