More and more news organizations and broadcasters worldwide are now shooting in the Panasonic AVC Ultra-LongG video format, since it provides high quality media at smaller bandwidth rates. Some of the world’s largest broadcasters are already using this AVC Ultra-LongG format, including NBC and Cox Media, and many more organizations will be adopting the format soon.
By offering end-to-end AVC Ultra-LongG workflows and support across the MediaCentral Platform, we are extending Avid Resolution Independence and providing our customers and partners with unprecedented performance and efficiency.
Avid’s end-to-end workflow for AVC Ultra-LongG spans the Avid Artist, Media, and Storage Suites, and includes baseband and file-based ingest, editorial and logging, send-to-playback, and archive. Through seamless integration with the Avid MediaCentral Platform, you can now safely replace old camera inventory and invest in this new camera platform without risking interruption of well-established operational practices.
“We are excited to announce the AVC Ultra-LongG workflow integration with Avid systems. Many of our customers are seeking a total workflow that spans the production continuum from acquisition to archive, and that is exactly what this solution offers.”
—Kunihiko Miyagi, executive vice president of Cinema and Broadcasting, Imaging Network Business Division, Panasonic Corporation.
The following Avid solutions will offer Panasonic AVC Ultra-LongG support during the second quarter of 2016:
- Media Composer®—Edit SD, HD, and high-res media with the film, TV, and broadcast industry standard
- Avid NEXIS—Accelerate production with the world’s first software-defined storage platform
- Interplay® | Production—Manage assets, collaborate, and automate workflows for high-volume media delivery
- Interplay | MAM—Unify and coordinate every aspect of media production with a comprehensive system
- AirSpeed® | 5500—Speed up SD, HD, and high-res workflows with a multichannel ingest/playout server
- Media | Director—Automate file-based media ingest, parking, and transcoding
- MediaCentral | UX—Access media and work on projects anywhere using a cloud-based interface