Great story-telling is at the core of compelling content and the pressure to deliver in new and engaging ways increases as competition for viewers’ attention in an on-demand world intensifies. News and sports networks are rapidly adding programming and covering more events with fewer resources, just to keep up with the demand. The challenge is continuing to improve quality and content, to better serve viewers across multiple platforms.
To help meet the challenges broadcasters face and present data in new and compelling ways with a system that is tightly integrated to Avid’s end to end offerings or can seamlessly operate with any 3rd party environment, Avid has released the newest version of Avid Maestro | Designer and Avid Maestro | News.
When used together, production teams in news, sports, or entertainment can rapidly create, manage, distribute and play-out stunning, real-time 2D and 3D graphics and videos. Now, deeper platform integration with Avid solutions yields faster turnaround of content, the result of extended user management feature enhancements that boost production efficiency.
Avid Maestro | Designer, Avid’s easy to use yet powerful modelling and design tool, gives your creative talent the necessary creative controls to design and deliver practically anything you can imagine.
Here’s how the latest improvements to Maestro | Designer help your team turn around better content faster:
• Find fonts faster with better categorization and handling
• Set specific animation start and end points for more precise playback
• Work with and edit object masks more easily with the new Show Masks function
• Apply a Scissor mask to a whole layer for more creative flexibility
• Get resolution independence with Scalable Vector Graphics, and more.
Maestro | Designer also improves overall performance
• The latest version provides numerous under-the-hood improvements—using existing hardware
• Enables designers to create higher quality graphics and boost visual identity and production value without changing any other components
The newest version of Maestro | Designer allows you to view your work in the highest resolution:
• Scales the application display to the required resolution, making it easier to prep, create, view, and refine content in up to 4K resolution.
From building on-air motion graphics, channel branding, and sports enhancements, to designing immersive video walls and interactive virtual studios, Avid Maestro | Designer makes it easy to bring your content—and brand—to life.
Avid Maestro | News takes that content, and gets it to your distribution points almost instantaneously. Integration with many 3rd party newsroom and editing systems expands your production capabilities and provides even greater efficiencies when installed in an Avid environment.
How the latest version of Maestro | News makes your team more efficient:
• New support for the Array control and exposers functions introduced in Maestro | Designer and RenderEngine
• Set the timing of exported elements directly in the Maestro | Designer animation timeline while creating content, which will then trigger data being sent to a Maestro | News property
• Maestro | News pages now retrieve data values directly from a RenderEngine-loaded scene and sends them to a completely different scene, providing a fast and easy way to reuse information or mirror data between different production systems
Simplify your workflow:
• Accelerates the page creation process with new extended timeline scripting capabilities, enabling scripts to send exports and control animation, reducing the number of tracks needed in the timeline
Maestro l News includes powerful and fast search functions
• New rundown filtering capabilities manage the content of complex stories and large rundowns
• Use different search keywords or phrases to apply a filter in the rundown to locate stories
• Search functions go beyond the item name, and apply to the content inside of any item too, making it easier to find the exact story needed
New, expanded capabilities:
• New Auto Still Cue settings option for the video playback module, enabling a clip to display relevant metadata in its first frame or In point when the video item is cued, facilitating better information sharing with production teams
• Video items can be added from the MediaCentral | Maestro News app directly to a MediaCentral | Newsroom Management rundown
The latest versions of Maestro l Designer and Maestro l News are tightly integrated to the new MediaCentral platform providing accessibility to graphics and graphics templates organization wide with templates that can be updated dynamically and re-used. The latest versions also have compatibility with legacy interplay and MediaCentral UX systems.
Create and manage dynamic media cost-effectively with Avid Maestro | Designer and Avid Maestro | News, the next level solution to enrich your story-telling.