Transforming the Media Enterprise – Innovation in Business & Technology, Empowering Collaboration – Talent, Tools & Technology and Mastering Your Craft – The Art of Cutting Edge Storytelling are the three major tracks at this year’s Avid Connect event. Here are some of the sessions announced just this week:
• Shaping the Future of Cloud-based Media – Avid customers at the forefront of cloud adoption share their experiences, and perspectives, on the transformation of our industry.
• The Future of Sports Production – BT Sport and the Sports Video Group explain how they are leveraging the latest tools and technologies to take the viewing experience to the next level.
• Realize Fully Immersive Sports Experiences – an exclusive insight on the role virtual reality played in the making of the Super Bowl, with FOX Sports, LiveLike and Twizted Design.
• Virtual Reality Rising: the Future of Editing Workflows – don’t miss this opportunity to hear how VR is driving new workflows, with Avid, JauntVR, and other VR leaders.
• How to Engage & Build a Better Fan Base – an opportunity to hear from the perspective of an artist as well as insights from businesses who have built tools to build and engage their fan bases.
• Challenges Facing Music Rights Stakeholders – today’s complex digital landscape presents enormous challenges for emerging artists. This session looks at how music rights owners can get properly paid for their work.
• Telling Tales in Episodic Television — some of the industry’s most decorated storytellers (Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Transparent) share how to fully realize the vision of a top-rated show.
• Cutting to the Quick: Paul Machliss — Paul is widely known for the kinetic, quick take transitions he’s mastered in Edgar Wright’s films (The World’s End, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World). Join him as he explains how he accelerates the pace of editing on the set.
• Reality TV Editing with the Masters — there is nothing more demanding than editing reality TV. In this Masters session we hear how Josh Earl (Deadliest Catch) deals with an overabundance of content and unbelievably tight deadlines.
Avid Connect 2017: Expanding the Possibilities
Join industry leaders as they come together to experience the cutting-edge and prepare for the year ahead. Be there to strengthen your skills, network with collaborators and to try new tools and technologies.
April 22 – 23│Wynn Las Vegas