In response to user feedback, we are today introducing improved plans for you to upgrade and get current with Sibelius 8.
Act now before upgrade prices go up in January—If you currently do not have an All Access plan for Sibelius, take advantage of special promotional upgrade pricing now and get on a plan for just $199 through December 31, 2016 before standard pricing, starting at $299, goes into effect on January 1, 2017 (education pricing will remain the same).
Every Sibelius 8 upgrade comes bundled with an Upgrade and support plan, which gives you access to technical support and free upgrades to Sibelius. Support plans may be renewed annually for $89.
If you allow your support plan to expire, it then costs $299 to get back on board (renewable thereafter for $89 a year).
What’s important to note is that your perpetual license never expires—you’ll always be able to use the software at the last version you’ve downloaded, even if you allow your plan to lapse in the future.
For customers in education, tiered pricing has been removed altogether so that you can upgrade for $89 at any time in the future. For schools with multi-seat licenses, the price to upgrade and renew is $29 per seat. To qualify for these special prices, you must provide proof of eligibility.
We’re also introducing a series of new, three year plans (with generous discounts included) for those users that prefer it. Details of these multiyear plans will be announced in due course.
What’s new in Sibelius 8 so far:
Here’s a quick overview of the new features we’ve rolled out since introducing Sibelius 8 last year…
- Create custom staff sizes, making it easier to get your scores looking perfect
- Make music easier to learn—or flag certain items—by coloring individual notes and chords
- Rests are now cleaned up nicely when sliding notes and rests, based on Time Signature and beam group
- Work more easily with many improvements to multitouch gestures on laptop trackpads
- Integrate your OS X El Capitan (10.11) workstations with the Sibelius License Server
- Have the same pitched note display a different accidental in any part of your score
- Achieve perfectly placed repeated barlines that coincide with time signatures
- Move notes in time with a completely new workflow that enables you to slide selections
- Create better looking scores fast with Magnetic Rests that automatically avoid notes and rests in other voices
- Eliminate colliding repeat lines with improved concise placement
- Share your work more easily with others by exporting your composition as an MP3 audio file
- Add eleventh chords to your compositions with its inclusion in the chord library
- Compose music on any OS X El Capitan (10.11) or Windows 10 computer with new support
- Handwrite music with a pen and edit notes with a tap using a Surface Pro 3 with PhotoScore & NotateMe
- Navigate and edit scores quickly using multitouch gestures on a trackpad or Surface Pro
- Draw annotations directly on a score to communicate ideas, comments, or create reminders
- See your score in all its beautiful glory with support for high-DPI displays on Windows
- Auto-activate Sibelius and stay on top with the latest updates through the Avid Application Manager
|I have….||I need to….||I’ll get….|
standard or education version
|Download the latest version for free or renew an expiring plan for $89 through my Avid Account||All Access plan extension with:
|Purchase one of the following:||
| Sibelius for Education
any education or Academic version**
|Purchase a Sibelius for Education Upgrade for $89 (plan renewable for $89/year)||
* If you own Sibelius, take advantage of special limited-time pricing. Upgrade your software and get a 1-year Avid All Access plan for $199, or a 3-year plan for just $299, when you purchase by December 31, 2016. Starting January 1, 2017, standard pricing for these upgrades/plans will go into effect at $299 and $399, respectively (annual plan renewals are just $89/year thereafter). ** Please note that Sibelius for Education upgrades require proof of academic eligibility to receive a serial number.