XAVC – Sony’s next generation of H-264-based codecs – has been designed to be used for both acquisition and post-production. As a result, more and more news organizations and broadcasters are adopting it, particularly those upgrading from the legacy XDCAM format.
The Sony XAVC-L format enables high quality media at smaller bandwidth rates, increasing efficiency and saving media storage space and costs.
By offering end-to-end Sony XAVC-L (Long GOP) workflows and support across the MediaCentral Platform, we are extending Avid Resolution Independence and providing our customers and partners with unprecedented performance and efficiency.
Avid’s end-to-end workflow delivers full Sony XAVC-L HD compatibility. While most news organizations remain focused on HD news production, Sony XAVC can also handle 1080 50/60P and 4K/UHD resolutions. While some Avid components such as Media Composer already handle 4K, the beauty of the MediaCentral Platform is that it is extensible to 4K resolutions and beyond, built to support the evolution of our customers’ end-to-end workflows.
The end-to-end Avid production workflow for Sony XAVC-L media encompasses the following solutions:
• Media Composer®—edit SD, HD, and 4K/UHD media with the film, TV, and broadcast industry standard
• Interplay® | Production—manage assets, collaborate, and automate workflows for high-volume media delivery
• AirSpeed® | 5500—speed up SD and HD workflows with a multichannel ingest/playout server
• Media | Director—automate file-based media ingest, parking, and transcoding
• MediaCentral | UX—access media and work on projects anywhere using a cloud-based interface
• Interplay | MAM—unify and coordinate every aspect of media production
• Avid NEXIS—accelerate production with the world’s first software-defined storage platform, supporting XAVC-L, 4K/UHD resolutions and beyond
The Sky’s the Limit — Visit Avid at NAB 2017
Our blogs will cover VIP guest presenters, product announcements, and valuable insights on what’s new at NAB 2017. Don’t miss a second of the action.