Pro Tools | S6 owners with Avid Advantage support now have access to the latest software update (v1.3) for S6 consoles. It includes a number of new and updated features, but also improves on system overall stability and network connectivity robustness. Here’s a look at what’s new.
Customize Momentary Control Value display times – You can customize the length of time these values are displayed before they revert back to track or parameter name.
Layouts Improvements – Improved Tracks page with Layouts is an integrated single page. The Tracks screen now includes a consolidated view of the Tracks and Assign screens, as well as new commands and menus that simplify the creating, storing, and editing of Layouts in your projects.
- Specify strips to store in Layouts, Delete All Layouts from Edit popup, and Automatic storing of Layouts – a timesaver and simplification for building and naming layouts
- You can now store Knobset views in Layouts… like the slaves on VCA’s for instance or EQ, Dynamics mode, Sends mode, Pan Mode, etc.
Auto-Spill VCA on Attention – You can configure VCAs to automatically spill to the left or to the right of the Attention Track Fader (on the Automation Module) when a VCA is ‘attentioned’.
Sends and Inserts Knobs Reversed – The Sends/Inserts Knobs Reversed preference lets you configure Knob Modules to display slots in either of two ways, “a–j” or“j–a.”
- When enabled, slots (a–j) are displayed from the bottom knob, up (slot “a” appears on the knob closest to the operator, “b” above it, and so on). This is the default setting.
- When disabled, slots are displayed from the top knob, down (slot “a” appears on the knob furthest from the operator, with “b” below it, and so on). This matches the Pro Tools Mix window.
Soft Keys improvements include being able to:
- Recall layouts on the Soft Keys
- Recall and focus workstations from the Soft Keys
- New ICONs on the Soft Keys for Layouts and Workstations
- Enabled Soft Keys for Automation Module Transport, Numeric Keypad, Locate, and Wheel
- Custom re-map transport keys
- Program Key Strokes to Soft Keys: Alpha, numeric, Function, arrow, and other keys from the computer keyboard (including OS modifier keys) can be included in a Soft Key definition.
Support for GPI I/O Triggers – you can now add external triggers and switch control for Talkback, Stop, Play, Record, Dim & Cut. You need to wire a D-Sub snake to send these triggers from S6.
Display Module Enhancements
- Added Waveform Link spec to EUCON so that 3rd party EUCON DAW’s can support scrolling waveforms in their apps.
- Group ID and Group color indication from Pro Tools are now displayed on the display modules (only for enabled groups).
Expand Mode Enhancements – Expand mode now works with a Process Module only (if you don’t have a Knob module on that group of 8 channels). Expand Mode does not work on a Process module if you have a knob module attached.
Unified EUCONtrol version – you can now use one version of EUCONtrol software to run your Artist Series controllers, S3, 5MC-Pro and System 5 on the same workstation. This is particularly useful if you work in a facility that has multiple rooms and different surfaces you move your workstation between.
Version 1.3 also improves on system overall stability and network connectivity robustness. It is included in the first year Avid Advantage support for S6 owners.