At NAB 2018, we announced a comprehensive line-up of video, audio and notation software that empowers creative professionals and aspiring artists alike. Whether you’re scoring, recording, mixing or editing, you can create at the speed of inspiration using the tools embraced by the industry. Now, there are products for everyone—and they’re more affordable than ever.
We’ve expanded and better aligned our creative software brands to make it easier to understand the product tiers and grow within the family as you develop your skills and career.
• The popular entry-level “First” products are all free and make it even easier to unleash your creativity.
• Need more power? Step up to the full versions. This tier offers more functionality to help you tackle increasingly complex projects and tighter deadlines.
• The “Ultimate” products are the most advanced and comprehensive. With unparalleled collaboration tools, connectivity and game-changing features, you and your team can increase productivity and accelerate your workflows.
So what’s the BIG news?!
• Sibelius welcomes a new FREE entry-level version—Sibelius | First
Sign up to be notified when it’s available.
• Media Composer is now available at a super affordable price point- starting at only $19.99 USD – get it now
• Media Composer | Ultimate offers advanced functionality and options that were only previously available as add-ons – get the details
• Pro Tools | HD is now called Pro Tools | Ultimate and includes additional options – get the details
Are you currently using one of these creative apps? Upon your next product update or renewal:
• Paid Sibelius | First customers will become Sibelius customers. You’ll get the same great product, simply with a new name.
• Sibelius customers (version 2018.3 and earlier) will become Sibelius | Ultimate customers. You’ll have the same best-selling product—with a new name.
• Pro Tools | HD customers will become Pro Tools | Ultimate Along with the new name, you’ll also benefit from some new options.
• Pro Tools and Pro Tools | First customers won’t see any changes. You’ll still be able to create, record, edit, and mix music and audio with the industry standard.
•Media Composer customers (version 2018.3 and earlier) become Media Composer | Ultimate. Along with the new name, you’ll also see some new options.
•If you use Media Composer | First and would like to upgrade to Media Composer, you can do so at a new, lower price point.
Also, did you know that Avid updated its versioning terminology? Now, software updates align to the year and month of release. For example, Pro Tools 2018.4, is an April release.
Get the latest details about our exciting product announcements:
• Pro Tools — Power your sound with the tools that power the industry
• Sibelius — The fastest, smartest, easiest way to write and share music
• Media Composer — The professional’s choice for creative editorial